- Start the wireless interface in monitor mode on the specific AP channel
- Use aireplay-ng to do a fake authentication with the access point
- Start airodump-ng on AP channel with a bssid filter to collect the new unique IVs
- Start aireplay-ng in ARP request replay mode to inject packets
- Run aircrack-ng to crack key using the IVs collected
The auditor can be guaranteed to access a WEP network with sufficient time by cracking the WEP key.
Upgrade to WPA2 oe 3 Encryption
WEP provides no effective protection for a wifi network. Most wifi routers offer WPA encryption as an option, and if this is available it should be immediately implemented. Some older routers (and wifi devices) do not support WPA. It is highly recommended to upgrade immediately to hardware that supports WPA and to eliminate all WEP network access. Very few devices still functional do not support WPA2.